Friday, December 25, 2009

December 25, 2009

It should come as no surprise to the people who know me, that I am not big on tradition and am not a fan of religion. I do, however, enjoy good friends and family and xmas is a great excuse to get these people together, so I don't hate xmas. I really like it.

Did the presents thing in the morning (got some new compression tights), then met up with Dane around 11:00 to go for a short ride.

I planned to do about 2 hours, but that isn't really possible anymore. There are no good 2 hour rides. We rode through Laguna Canyon via Irvine and spent some time enjoying the beautiful day along the PCH. I still can't believe I get to live here, there is a long series of events that brought me here today... I'm glad that all happened.

Our ride was still pretty short, 3 hours and 40 miles. We went at a pretty slow pace because its xmas. I have a feeling that the law of action and reaction does not apply to headwinds. I never feel like I get the benefit of a strong headwind when I turn around. We decided that the wind must follow the rules of the road and go with the flow of traffic.

No gym today, I'm not even sure they would be open. It was a good day to skip anyway, gives my heel a full weekend to heal before squats again on Monday.

Riding tomorrow up the coast to Seal Beach or maybe shorter, depends on Becher Jr. I think Ashley is going to meet up with us, which is always welcome. I don't think its vain to say that I like the way the 2 inches of my arm in this photo look...

/goodnight

No comments: