Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 19th, 2009

Yesterday, Friday December 18th, 2009, I had a tough gym work out with Dane. The legs don't recover as quickly after 70 miles as they do after 40 miles. We were still able to do a full work out and we felt fine, just wasn't breaking any records. We are careful not to lift more than our bodies can. I liken it to riding in a headwind versus a tailwind. You can be traveling 10 miles faster in a tailwind but exerting yourself the same amount in both scenarios. Therefore, in the gym, my body should see the same results from slightly less or the same amount of weight as it would if I were fully recovered. I don't know if this correlates or not, but I know on Monday I always feel like a champ so something is working.

Program on Friday was, and is always, Squats, Bench, and Pull-ups. I hate Pull-ups.

Today, December 19th, 2009, I took Dane on his first group ride. Rock and Road cycler y in Irvine sponsored a large group ride to raise canned goods for the needy. Sounded like a good time so we tagged along.

I had an appointment at 12:00 PM, so we couldn't do the whole canyon ride, which was disapointing, but we still salvaged the day. 30 miles in 2 hours of riding. We rode around Mission Viejo Lake and scouted talent, my favorite pastime on the bike. /godnight.

No comments: