Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7th, 2010

This week is an off week for me. I will spin the wheels a little, but that is about it. It wasn't so much planned as it was forced with traveling this week back east and starting a new job (the job and the trip are mutually exclusive, the job is in Fullerton, CA)

January 6th, 2010:
Dane and I went to the pool and did an hour work out. Swimming is extremely hard for me. The more body fat I lose the more I sink. Also I have girly arms and big legs, swimmers have big manly arms and less big but not girly legs. It sure helped to stretch my back out. I will love/hate including it more in my weekly training for January.

I did notice that I was EXTREMELY tired after we were done. Its amazing to me that i can ride for 6 hours and come home and be a little drained but still able to do things and after a shower I'm fine. After swimming I fell right back asleep for more than an hour. Perhaps its because there is no eating during swimming.

Dane and I figured out a "great" way to work on strength in the pool. We run half the distance of the pool with the other person doing a "dead man's float" on their back. No less than 4 attractive women walked into the pool area while we were doing this exercise, and none of them stayed very long.

After work I had a hockey game in Anaheim at 9:10. For some reason this league has become a lot for physical lately. I'm sure its because our team is a lot faster and more skilled than the other teams, but I really don't play hockey anymore to knock people around. I did at one time, but now I don't need to blow off steam. I just really enjoy skating, so its a shame that this has happened. I'm sure it means we will become more physical again; at one time our team was kicked out of the league for being too dirty, so we cleaned up. I feel like Sean Avery. I will be gone from hockey for a few game so maybe I'm the problem and they will prosper.

January 5th, 2010:
Went on a 2 and a half hour ride with Dane just to keep blood in the legs. We found a great new climb in Tustin that I will being doing repeats on in the near future. I did the whole thing in my big ring.

There are actually a lot of roads around me that need to be explored and I am knocking them off one by one. It is not uncommon for me to say "lets take this road" on a ride now; know ahead of time that I don't know where I am going. Whats the worst that can happen?

Like I mentioned earlier, I will be away for a few weeks. I am worried about how cold it will be. I should have been riding early in the AM to get used to the cold, but 70 degrees feels so nice. I am excited either way though because I will get a chance to explore 3 states I have never ridden a bike before (well Washington DC is not a state, but its new). I will take lots of pictures and hopefully make new friends.

One thing I am sad about, is that I will be missing my team's first camp of the new season. I still have not met everyone on my team, so this would have been a great opportunity for me. We are going to have a second camp in February though, and I hope we do it around the Boulevard course in San Diego. I have never done that race and would like to see it first, as would Dave.

Song: INXS - Mystify
INXS - Mystify .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments: